Barriers to Entry
60% of older workers would like to return to the workforce but are unable to break through the stereotypes associated with ageism.
Racial and Gender Discrimination:
17% of Black and Hispanic workers over the age of 40 report recent discrimination at work. 42% of all women report being discriminated against at work because of gender.
Role as Caregiver:
34% of caregivers are 65+ with the average age being 49. 75% of all caregivers are female whether for an ailing spouse, older parent, child or grandchild.
Shift in Tech:
Older workers are 67% more likely to be drawn to jobs with a high risk of automation than millennials, leading them toward layoffs rather than upskilling.
Inadequate Training Opportunities:
Approximately 90% of workforce development programs provide services to students and younger adults, leaving just 10% to address the needs of adults age 50+.